Friday, January 21, 2011

I’m Officially a Coupon Clipper!

That’s right folks.  Look how much money I saved:

You read it right. I saved $30.53 today! The HEB lady always circles your savings before she hands you the receipt.  Usually she tells me, “You saved $4 today,” or some low number like that.  But today she said, “You saved $30.53.” I was elated! I had to go to the computer and share the good news!
How did I achieve this, you ask? Well, earlier this month the grocery bill was kinda high, and I thought it would be a good idea to look into this coupon clipping thing.  But some women spend SO much time on clipping coupons and looking up deals.  So I went to Google for answers and found CouponMom.com. All you have to do is buy the Sunday paper each week, which has all the coupons (Well, most.  Some you can get from the website), and they keep track of the sales and which coupons to clip for the biggest savings for you on their website.  You just click on the store you usually go to see a list of all the deals and what coupons to clip. They do all the time consuming. (Thank goodness, because I would never sit down and do all that.)  Plus HEB just has good deals, which can save you a lot of money if you actually pay attention to them.  I try to look at their ad when making my menu for the week and plan my menu around what’s on sale.
I just got started with this.  I should be able to save even more money in the future.  Yay!

If therefore you have not been faithful in the use of worldly wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you? Luke 16:11
Michael and I want to honor God with our money by being good stewards of what He has given us, so I’m going to keep on with this coupon thing. 

Oh, I also got Otis Spunkmeyer cookies again today!

And yes, I did have a coupon for them. :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, I love that site! I'll admit I've fallen off the coupon clipping habit, it can be frustrating seeing everyone score loads of near free stuff and walking out saving only $6!

I recently took advantage of a huge rule in coupon clipping world- finding the store sale, plus high value coupons and store coupons. I saved $40 at the pet store and walked out with enough food to last two months!

ContentEwe said...

Yeah, the last time I went grocery shopping I didn't save as much. I'm still learning this whole coupon thing. I definitely haven't cut my grocery bill in half yet. lol But I would love to! :)

That's great about the pet food! Doesn't that give you a kind of high for a while? haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...