Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Joyful Wretch

February Challenge Question 15:
15. What is (are) your favorite verse(s) of the Bible?
I really like Romans 7 & 8.
Go read it.  I’ll wait.
Whistling.
Aren’t those encouraging chapters!  I am thankful that God has given us Romans 7 & 8, because it is encouraging to read that Paul, even Paul, one of our super heroes of the faith, struggled as I do with sin. I am thankful that God acknowledges this battle we fight inside, yet says--dear child, I see you as clean. I know I deserve hell because that is the penalty for sin, but thankfully God made Jesus who never sinned to take our penalty, so that we can become blameless in Jesus. I fail in this battle over sin every day, but I know God sees Christ’s perfection when he looks at me and not my imperfection. (Isn’t that wonderful!)

I don’t know about you, but I need that reminder that I am not condemned.  I am free.  I am free to “approach the throne of God with confidence.”

Such good news!  I love God’s Word!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...