Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Bridal Shower Tea Party


I had the honor of throwing my good friend Leslie a tea party for her bridal shower, and I am so excited to share our memories with you. Leslie and I are very alike, so I knew she would love an elegant tea. Her and her mom's jaws dropped as they walked in--just the reaction I was hoping for. The day was so relaxing (once we were done rushing around preparing everything in time for the guests to arrive). We said a prayer and had lunch and tea, of course. Lunch was great because it gave everyone a chance to sit awhile and enjoy one another's company. Then we took photos in the photo booth and played a couple of non-embarrassing games. (More on this later.) And last, Leslie opened her presents. (You need to see her china!)


The bridesmaids each brought food. One made cinnamon cup cakes. Yum! (Check out her bakery's Facebook page.) And you have to have a tiered plate stand at a tea party, so my mom-in-law bought me this one, and I was able to decorate it with purple ribbon to match Leslie's wedding theme. Perfect!


We had so much delicious food.  Our tea party was a feast!  And do you see the tiered platters of sandwiches? My church had just bought that piece before the shower.  I was very excited when I walked into the church kitchen one Sunday and the perfect tea party sandwich server stood before me.



Here are a couple shots of the whole room.  We had it in my church's Fellowship Room (the same room where I had my wedding reception).

 


See the photo booth in the back left corner?


Here are some close ups of the tables. 



We were able to borrow antique tea pots from Leslie's grandmother. And Leslie's mother-in-law-to-be, Kathy, had a large collection of antique teacups.  Each one is a different pattern.  I was so excited about this--it was just the look I was wanting. Kathy also brought those lovely glass plates.  We also had plates of assorted teas for the guests to choose from. My mom helped me sew up the floral cloth napkins.  And each center piece of potted flowers became a prize for the games. Gotta love purchases that do double duty.


My mom and I had a wonderful time planning and decorating together.
Thank you, Mom!

I have some tutorials lined up on how we planned this shindig, so stay tuned!

*The top nine photos and the bottom photo are by Jamie Lockard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...