Friday, May 20, 2011

A Little Herb Garden

Okay, it's really just a couple herbs in a pot.  But I live in a third floor apartment with a little balcony (which I am SO thankful for) so this is my little herb garden.



This is apparently the time to plant herbs, the spring.  My mom gave me this bit of information. I do not normally garden (I kill cactus), but I really like fresh herbs so I thought I would give it a shot.  Miss Scruffy helped.









I planted parsley and basil because I love Italian food.  My lasagna just doesn't turn out the same if I use dried parsley, and I enjoy tossing fresh basil in a pot of Cambell's tomato soup.  Now I just need to learn to chop this stuff like the pros. (I'll have to look for a how-to video on YouTube.)

So what are your favorite herbs?  If you plan on planting some you better hurry--spring is almost gone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...